Thursday, May 5, 2011

garrett's midnight blue cone 6 oxydation.

recipe...
Neph Syn 47g
gertsly borite 27g
flint 20g
EPK 6g
..............................................
R.i.o 2g
cobalt carb 1g
rutile 4g
bentonite 1g

magnesium Zirconium Silicate 3g

this is a modification of the original floating blue, it is some what of a happy mistake as the effect i was going for didn't quite work out but resulted in the glaze darkening to a deep purple brown in the thin spots but retaining its opalescent blue and creamy tans

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Could you tell me what R.I.O is, is it a raw material you can buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for the R.I.O. formula or explanation on the internet, in my country we do not know the material..
    I wish to recalculate the recipe..so I can make it with materials we have in the Netherlands..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandina,

      I am new at this and not sure if you had your question answered... RIO is Red Iron Oxide, not sure if you have it in the netherlands but you could check at universities to see if there is a similar oxide. I find a great many studies and info that way.

      Delete